With a cloud based solution built by T4Bi BookTrust were able to increase the number of States and Schools that they fund and support.
BookTrust.org, Denver, Colorado
Book Trust provides books for kids from low-income families; books that they choose themselves and that become their very own. Since 2001, Book Trust has:
- Grown from serving 170 students in Colorado to 30,000 children in eleven states
- Helped children choose and own 2.6 million books
- Invested $6.5 million in books for children in need
To enable Book Trust to scale the number of Schools and Students they could support, through traceable transactions, and to improve the effectiveness of their funding.
T4Bi developed BookMark, a system which allows BookTrust to fund the purchase of books for qualifying students and schools, and track and reconcile the donated funds allocated to this use. The system is used by Teachers, ordering books for their students, School Principals and by BookTrust Program Managers.
BookTrust were able to increase the number of States and Schools that they fund and support.
Highlights of the solution are:
- Transactional self-service website
- Extensively configurable controls
- RESTful Application Architecture (implemented with Java Services)
- Hosted in the cloud
- MySQL 5
- Java 6
- Apache Tomcat 6
- Adobe Flex
- Jasper Reports